Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Gratitude and Waiting

I don't have much of a focused theme for today's post. Just jotting down a few quick thoughts before my lunch break is up.

A week ago or so I hurt my knee. I was kneeling/crouching to put air in my tires. I was wrestling a bear. Two days later there was swelling, and I was completely unable to put weight on my right leg. I ended up going to an urgent care center and was diagnosed with bursitis. I think life wanted to poke me a little and remind me not to take anything for granted. Showering, putting on clean clothes, being pain free, not worrying about taking too much ibuprofen or tylenol are generally things we do daily and we don't think anything about it.

I spent a few mornings crying, unable to even stand up from the pain after using the restroom in the morning and it was very dehumanizing. It made me realize how much a person has, even if he hardly has anything at all. Health is truly wealth.

My boyfriend luckily took the best care of me that was possible. I was enduring the Facebook onslaught of Valentine's Day dates, dinners, flowers, chocolates, drinks, romance, proposals, and marriages. I felt supreme in having a gift that can't come in a box nor be delivered with roses. True caring and companionship on the deepest level.  I can't even take a picture of this intangible thing to post on Facebook, but its surely there since I felt it.

In the meantime I am waiting for some identity approval over at Shaadi.com to execute the previously thought out experiment. There are so many types of verifications and approvals I hope I am still able to conduct this experiment. If I am not, I will revert back to an American dating site which will surely reveal just as terrible mannerisms and behavior.

One final thought, on today which is a day that celebrates when Shiva married Parvati and they danced in the mountains, Shivaratri, I am not observing a fast. I will be eating vegetarian. I wanted to prove that I can walk in the path of a Hindu but I don't think I'm ready to take it on completely yet and doing so at a random point, might have less meaning. Do I mean to convert? Convert from what? In some schools of thought we are all born Hindu and its merely learning the poojas and practices. I was advised to study deeper into the meaning and if I felt strong enough, then do the appropriate fasting.

While I'm searching my own introspection to find out how I feel about that, I do feel very strongly against whatever sad, sadistic moron decided to defile Bothell's Hindu temple with a nazi swastika and the words "get out" .. The same person also spray painted the same to a school yesterday but it was addressed to Muslims .It is so sad to see ignorance breeding intolerance. This person clearly didn't even realize that swastiks come from Hinduism and were sadly misused by the nazis. I can only hope this person becomes educated and more matured and understanding on the matter, and hopefully more educated.

1 comment: